My wife’s new gold Retina Macbook was delivered today and here’s my initial thoughts from playing with it a bit.
- It’s beautiful, but that’s expected at this point.
- My 13″ Macbook Air looks pretty huge next to the Retina Macbook.
- It only comes with the “wall wart” part of the typical Apple charger. Â There’s no long cable included.
- The USB-C connector is pretty small, smaller than I expected. Â It’s very close in size and shape to lightning, which will probably cause some confusion. Â It’s a nice looking connector for something that came out of the USB group.
- The cable used for charging is the same connector on both ends, which is kinda neat.
- As reviewers have pointed out, the keyboard is definitely weird. Â That will take some getting used to. Â I’m not a fan of the change to the arrow keys, which serves no purpose I can see but is interfering with my muscle memory.
- The fake “click” of the trackpad generated by the internal motor is very convincing. Â Regular people will not realize anything has changed.
- It came with gold apple logo stickers in the box instead of white. Â Are those new?