Increase the good, and then decrease the bad. In that order.
Been working on joining my WordPress site up to the Indieweb, and it’s rekindling my enthusiasm for the web. http://indieweb.org/wordpress
If you want to experience the state of the art in loud guitar music, go see Mastodon live.
My wife’s new gold Retina Macbook was delivered today and here’s my initial thoughts from playing with it a bit.
- It’s beautiful, but that’s expected at this point.
- My 13″ Macbook Air looks pretty huge next to the Retina Macbook.
- It only comes with the “wall wart” part of the typical Apple charger. There’s no long cable included.
- The USB-C connector is pretty small, smaller than I expected. It’s very close in size and shape to lightning, which will probably cause some confusion. It’s a nice looking connector for something that came out of the USB group.
- The cable used for charging is the same connector on both ends, which is kinda neat.
- As reviewers have pointed out, the keyboard is definitely weird. That will take some getting used to. I’m not a fan of the change to the arrow keys, which serves no purpose I can see but is interfering with my muscle memory.
- The fake “click” of the trackpad generated by the internal motor is very convincing. Regular people will not realize anything has changed.
- It came with gold apple logo stickers in the box instead of white. Are those new?
There’s something you can learn from everyone when you pay attention. Watch not only what someone says, but also how they say it. If you disagree with someone’s point of view, there’s even more to learn.